Finding free business resources… It can feel like the hunt for the holy grail, right?
When it comes to your website, there are a number of things that need to happen to make it a success… choosing a platform, deciding on a catchy URL, creating autoresponders, deciding on a lead magnet.
The list is almost never-ending.
Which is why this guide of free resources for your blog and biz is going to help you wade through all the minutia and get the help you need, when you need it.
Bookmark it so that you can refer back to it when you need it. And for simple navigation, it’s been split into sections so that you can quickly identify what you need to work on and get to it.
Free Resources for Your Blog & Biz
#1: Starting a Blog
Starting a blog or website is the first step in getting yourself all set up.
Below you’ll find a list of resources to help you get started, including hosting suggestions and other resources.
- SiteGround WordPress Hosting (this is what I use and is an affiliate link)
- Creating a Profitable Blog by Melyssa Griffin (training videos included!)
- How to Start a Blog by The Write Life (aimed at writers)
- 10 Questions to Ask Before You Start a Blog by Blog Brighter
- How to Cultivate Blog Content by Think Creative Collective
- How to Write a Business Plan for Creatives (free template incl.) by Wanderlass
- How to Write an About Page by Kory Woodard
- 105 Content Hacks + Swipe File by Meera Kothand
#2: List Building
Once you’ve got a website or blog all setup, the next step is building your list. You should be doing this as soon as you can and all you really need to get started is one lead magnet and a way to deliver that lead magnet.
- ConvertKit (email management program, this is what I use and this is an affiliate link)
- MailChimp (offers a free plan, but buyer beware, doesn't provide automated emails unless you pay for it)
- ConverKit Plugin for WordPress
- MailChimp Plugin for WordPress
- How to Create Landing Pages for Free from Miss GSD (free video tutorials incl.)
- How to Create a Lead Magnet Using Canva (free video tutorials incl.)
- How to Decide on What to Create as Your Freebie/Giveaway
- 4 Ways to Jumpstart Your Email List by Kory Woodard
#3: Email Marketing
Tips and strategies to grow your email list and connect with your readers.
- How to Create a Resource Library for your Blog
- 16 Strategies to Grow Your Email List by Femtrepreneur
- How to Get Your First 100 Subscribers by Blog Beautifully
- 18 Types of Content Upgrades to Grow Your List by XOSarah
- How to Jazz Up Your ConvertKit Email Templates by Miss GSD
- 7 Email Marketing Automation Life Cycle Triggers by ProBlogger
- How to Create an Engaging Autoresponder Series by Allebasi Design
- How to Use Email Autoresponders in Your Sales Funnel by Creative Hive
- How to Create Effective Autoresponders by Copyblogger
#4: Traffic Generation
Getting traffic to your blog is key to finding new subscribers and making better sales. The resources below will help you do just that.
- 3 Tips for Growing Your Blogs Traffic by Olyvia
- 3 Ways to Grow Your Traffic Without Google by TwelveSkip
- How to get 25,000 Visitors Per Month ebook by Backlinko
- How to Generate 195,000 Visitors Per Month Without Ads webinar by Neil Patel
- 9 Ways to Increase Blog Traffic Updating Old Blog Posts by Melyssa Griffin
- How to Grow Your Blog With Pinterest by The Badass Business Mom
#5: WordPress Tweaks
WordPress is my preferred blogging platform because of the amount of free plugins and themes available to tweak it and customise it to your own preferences.
- 7 Easy Website Tweaks to Position Yourself as an Expert by TwleveSkip
- WordPress Plugins You Need to Start Your Blog With by Blog Brighter
- 10 Hacks for Your WordPress Blog by The SITS Girls
- How to Set Your WordPress Site up For Success
- How to Embed a Pinterest Board on WordPress by LearnWP
- How to Add a Contact Form to Your Blog by Kotryna Bass Design
#6: Blog Image Creation
One of the hardest things about keeping your blog and website looking fresh and on point with your brand comes down to the blog images you use. If you don’t want to pay an arm and a leg for new stock photos each week, check out some of the resources below!
- Free Stock Photo Websites by Ivorymix
- Designing Blog Post Templates by White Oak Creative
- How to Create Blog Images With Canva
- How to Use Creative Commons Images on Your Blog
- A Beginners Guide to iPhone Photography by Its Pink Pot
- How to Make Blog Images with PicMonkey by Singing Through the Rain
- Why and How to Brand Blog Photos by Elle & Co
- 32 Best Sites for Free Stock Photos by Stockphotos
Phew, that was a long list! But I know it will help you find the right resources when you need it. Don’t forget to bookmark and check back often as I update it with fresh, new resources to support your blog and biz.
4 replies to "The Ultimate Blog & Biz Owners Guide to Free Business Resources"